It can be hard to know when to see a Dr and children have lots of illnesses in their early years.
NHS Choices has lot of useful info, please check out my top tips below:
- If your child has a temperature you can’t manage.
- If your baby is under 3 months and develops a temperature.
- If they are unable to tolerate fluids.
- If they are not interested in taking fluids, and have not fed for more than 8 hours.
- If they are really drowsy or floppy.
- If they are pale, mottled or have a rash which does not disappear when pressed on.
- If their urine output is a lot less or they haven’t had a wet nappy for more than 12 hours.
- If you are concerned about them.
- If their breathing is laboured or they are coughing a lot / wheezing etc.
You know your child better than anyone so if you are worried seek advice.